BRASS INC. IS HIRING! WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2 POSITIONS!
BARREN RIVER AREA SAFE SPACE, INC.
ASSISTANT FINANCE COORDINATOR
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The person in this position is responsible for assisting in all the financial record keeping. Position will begin full-time with the opportunity for promotion to Finance Administrator within 2 years. Bookkeeping system must meet the requirements of various funding sources, reflect standards as adopted by the Board of Directors, undergo annual monitoring audits by the Kentucky Coalition Against Domestic Violence, and other funders, and be subject to review and audit by an independent certified accountant. The person in this position, in consultation with the Executive Director and Finance Administrator, assists in maintaining the financial integrity of the agency, and is under supervision of the Executive Director and Finance Administrator.
- Assist in all eBay related activities including preparing invoices, packaging, shipping, receipt, and maintain accurate records
- Maintain a complete, accurate, transparent, and timely record of all receipts and expenditures of the agency.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and related information for each funding source to assure that all monies are spent in accordance with required guidelines and time frames
- Prepare payment for all vendors in timely manner
- Inform vendors of agency non-discrimination policy
- Submit billing and documentation on a monthly basis
- Maintain accurate records on all volunteer hours in accordance with funding sources
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual budget reports for submission to all funding sources
- Maintain various files related to budgeting and funding
- Assist the ED in preparing requests for funding, grant applications, and other projects related to revenues and expenditures
- Prepare financial records for annual audit and all grant related compliance for site visits
- Perform all duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Finance Administrator
- Prepare and complete labor distribution spreadsheet for Finance Administrator
- Review Personnel Activity Reports in accordance with funding requirements and coordinate any corrections needed.
- Process payroll and maintain all required records.
- Complete all 1099 forms each year to distribute to vendors.
- Maintain inventory of all office supplies and contact vendors when needed.
- Complete all grant documentation records including copies, processing payments, and filing check stubs
- Maintain balance sheet of all cash donations and checks received.
- Serve as the third party for the agency checks and balances system for all financials
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED
- Bachelor’s Degree (including in progress) in accounting, office administration, or related field
- Knowledge of computer technology, and ability to utilize accounting related computer software
- Attend recommended trainings and continuing education
- Commitment to Standards for State Funded Spouse Abuse Centers (905 KAR 5:040) and the KCADV Member Program Service Standards
- Valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Submit to a criminal background check
POSITION TITLE: CRISIS INTERVENTION ADVOCATE
Victims of Crime Act
The Crisis Intervention Advocate is a part-time evening, night, and/or weekend position (schedule requires
mid-afternoon/ evening shift on Monday). The Crisis Intervention Advocate is responsible for answering the 24-hour
crisis line, providing crisis intervention, and appropriate referrals. The person in this position is under the
supervision of the Assistant Director and Shelter Coordinator.
- Answer the 24-hour crisis line.
- Provide crisis intervention, safety planning, and referral services.
- Initiate intake process on clients entering the shelter or outreach services.
- Assist in the orientation of new residents to the shelter.
- Complete intakes and assessments.
- Complete exit process, if resident exits on assigned shift.
- Complete daily service notes for residents.
- Compile and report statistical information on residents as required by funding sources.
- Supervise routine evening, night and weekend activities in the Shelter.
- Check security system at beginning of each shift to assure all doors and windows are locked and that
security system is intact.
- Monitor the interior of the shelter at regular intervals during each shift to assure the safety and well-being of
- Facilitate emergency response and safety procedures with shelter residents.
- Observe any conditions that need maintenance or repair, and leave a written message for the Assistant
- Work on holidays according to designated shift.
- Attend all required staff meetings and trainings.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Two years college with coursework in social service related area, or five years experience in victim services.
- Knowledge of dynamics of domestic violence, safety planning, justice system, and client-centered services.
- Adhere to the Revised Member Program Service Standards of the Kentucky Coalition Against Domestic Violence.
- Commitment to complete required (for fulltime) training for Certification as Domestic Violence Advocate.
- Completion of First Aid, CPR, and Blood-borne Pathogen Training.
- Valid Kentucky driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance.
- Submit to a criminal background check.
If you're interested in applying for a job opening posted here, please send resume by June 13th to:
PO Box 1941
Bowling Green, KY 42102
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.